- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Mountain Zebra National Park
Activities & Facilities
- All activity bookings are to be made through Mountain Zebra National Park's reception:
Tel: +27 (0)48 881 2427 or +27 (0)48 881 3434
- All bookings to be confirmed at Reception before 18h00 on the previous day. Please report to Reception 15 minutes before departure time to sign indemnity form and to make payment.
- Activity Tariffs below do not include Conservation Fees (Park Entry Fees) and are valid 1 November 2012 to 31 October 2013.
Guided Drives & Activities on Foot
- Sonnenrust 4x4 Trail: this 14.2km trail starts on the Ubejane Loop and ends on the Link Road (which joins Ubejane to Rooiplaat Loops).
It is situated in the north-western area of the Park, skirting the base of Saltpeterskop and ending on a plateau with scenic views.
- Juriesdam 4x4 Trail: this 10km trail starts and ends on the main entrance road into the Park.
It explores the eastern plateau area of the Park.
- Umngeni 4x4 Trail: this 8km trail takes about 1 hour to complete and starts on the Park’s main entrance road just north-west of the restcamp area.
- NB: No booking necessary as the trails are open during the normal operating hours of the Park.
Only 4x4 vehicles may be used on the trails.
- Please note: The Juriesdam and Sonnerust trails are relatively easy drives while the Umgeni trail is more challenging. Trails may be closed in the event of wet weather or maintenance.
A community levy of 1% will be added to the cost of all accommodation and activity reservations arriving on or after the 1st of June 2012.
- Fully licensed a la carte restaurant, also serving light refreshments.
- Shop where curios and basic commodities may be purchased.
- No ATM facility available in the park. The closest bank facilities are available in the town of Cradock (24km from the park).
- Two picnic sites with braai facilities.
- Swimming pool for day visitors at picnic site.
- Barbecue and ablution facilities for day visitors.
- Swimming pool for resident guests only.
- Petrol and diesel are available in the Rest Camp.
- Full conference facilities for a maximum of 30 people.
- Catering facilities available.
- Reservations: Tel: +27 12 426-5025
- Fax: +27 12 426-5488
- Facilities available for small wedding receptions, maximum 50 people.
- The conference room and restaurant can be booked for the wedding.
- Bookings and enquiries can be made at the park reception.
Have a question? Why not ask at the forums?
9°C / 27°C