- Download the Sasol Tankwa Birding Bonanza 2016 flyer.
Just a four hour drive from Cape Town brings you to the ideal destination of Tankwa Karoo National Park (TKNP) for those seeking the brightest stars of Africa, a once in a lifetime glimpse of a rare endemic bird, or perhaps nothing more than a silence that reaches deep into the soul.
As luminous clouds of dust swirl through the ancient landscape, a tortoise patiently wanders in search of succulent morsels; a lizard basks in the sun while gemsbok and red hartebeest share the arid plains with mongoose, orb-web spiders, skinks and leggy toktokkies...
- 4x4 Trails
- Self-Drive Game Viewing
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Viewpoints
There are currently no promotions available. Please come back soon.
- 1 bedroom (double bed) + sleeper coach
- Accessible to Mobility Challenged
- Candle/ Lantern Lighting
- 4x4 advisable in rainy seasons
- Access by high clearance 2x4
- Bathroom with toilet, shower and basin
- Braai facilities - no braai grid supplied
- One Bedroom 2 Single beds
- Other Bedroom 1 Double bed
- 2 bedrooms
- The 2015 SASOL Tankwa Birding Bonanza - 25th March 2015
- Free access to national parks during SA National Parks Week - 1st September 2014
- 40% discount at Tankwa Karoo National Park - Book now! - 9th May 2014
- Media Release: Free entry for South African National Parks Week - 27th August 2013
- Go wild this winter with SANParks Cape Region - 11th June 2013
Have a question? Why not ask on the forums?